Master of Education (Knowledge Networks and Digital Innovation)
What's the key to effective learning in contemporary and future environments? This brief presentation reflects on the need to create a sustainable learning ecology that is shaped by the ubiquity of information, globally responsive pedagogical practices, and driven by collaboration and informal learning in multiple and diverse digital pathways.
What our students say
Bachelor of Education (K-12)
"Throughout high school, I was undecided about my career path. I was torn between a teaching and business degree. I discovered that the Bachelor of Education (K-12) allowed me to get a taste of both by specialising in business studies. In searching for a university, I was looking for one that was within reasonable distance to my hometown of Cobar and one that had an established reputation for a high level of graduate employment. I found all of this at Charles Sturt University (CSU).
"The course has allowed me to experience working in my field from my very first year of study. It has helped me develop a range of skills relating to careers, personal development and life. I’ve been given the opportunity to interact with other professionals, develop classroom management skills and create a work-life balance. CSU has provided me with the opportunity to make life-long friends and although I don’t live on campus, I have met so many new people.
"The staff have always been extremely supportive and have made the university feel like a safe and supportive environment. The Rafters bar nights are always a blast and every day is memorable! I enjoy meeting new people and making friends from different places. It gives me an excuse to visit new towns.
"I am currently undertaking my third year work placement at Dennison College, Bathurst High Campus. This placement has given me the opportunity to experience teaching a range of history, geography and business classes, along with observing some of the senior classes. This placement has played a huge role in extending my professional development.
"CSU has something for everyone, regardless of where you’re from or what you’re studying. CSU is full of endless opportunities."
Bachelor of Education (K-12)
"I choose to study at Charles Sturt University (CSU) as the university is located in my home city of Bathurst and CSU is well known in rural areas for its teaching.
"During my study, I have been actively involved in campus life. I am a Student Ambassador, which has allowed me to talk to prospective students about CSU. I am also part of Bathurst Christian Students and we have regular weekly meetings. I have found it very easy to make friends and the campus is very relaxed and small.
"I have learnt so many different teaching skills. I have gained lots of personal development and life skills from my involvement in the community. I have found staff to be supportive with many being relaxed and easy to get along with.
"My course had a work placement, and although the process of selecting a school to do my work placement at was at times stressful, I loved the placement as I learnt so much. I received a few scholarships to help cover my costs during my work placement. I also received a general $3000 scholarship.
"I will be the first in my family to graduate and it makes me feel proud to be going to uni. Studying in Bathurst has allowed me to not only be a part of the university, but also a part of a city. It is very easy to make friends and build connections with different people. I have loved my CSU experience."
Stay in Touch
Make an enquiry
Call us on 1800 334 733,
(International +61 2 6338 6077)
Follow on study:
Sharon Gwyn - Master of Education (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Sharon Gwyn shares her experiences of studying with two young children, and the support she received while studying at CSU.
- I found that this course was a perfect fit to increase my knowledge of international issues in education.
Curious about educating our future leaders?
- CSU’s innovative Bachelor of Education (K-12) means you graduate qualified to teach in both primary and secondary schools. With more flexibility and greater employment options, what are you waiting for?
Zoe Bowkett - Bachelor of Education (K-12)
- "The course has allowed me to experience working in my field from my very first year of study."
Amy Constant - Bachelor of Education (K-12)
- "Because of the small class sizes I’ve ended up on a first name basis with the lecturers."
Chloe Sanders - Bachelor of Education (K-12)
- "CSU is a wonderful university with loads of great opportunities waiting to be seized."
Kyle Palmer - Bachelor of Education (K-12)
- "I will be the first in my family to graduate and it makes me feel proud to be going to uni."
- "I was looking for a course that would provide me with the knowledge, opportunity and academic support to carry out a research project connected to my work."
Leading into the future
- What's the key to effective learning in contemporary and future environments? This brief presentation reflects on the need to create a sustainable learning ecology that is shaped by the ubiquity of information, globally responsive pedagogical practices, and driven by collaboration and informal learning in multiple and diverse digital pathways.
- "I am thoroughly enjoying the CSU experience. The online format provides the flexibility I need and the nature of the assignments ensures that I think critically about current topics in educational research."