CSU Professional Placement Equity Grant
- Applications open
- The current round of applications close on:
- The next round of applications open on:
- Outcome Notice Dates:
- 29 Apr 2018
- 29 Jun 2018
- 7 Sep 2018
- 2 Nov 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: up to $50 - $100 per week
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
Provides financial assistance for Workplace Learning (professional placement). The grant is approximately $50 to $100 per week of placement. Grants are not intended to provide an alternative to other forms of income and recipients are not to rely on payment occurring prior to attending their placement.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant you must be:
- Studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student (full fee paying students are not eligible);
- enrolled as a full time or part time student;
- a commencing or continuing student, continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher;
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- enrolled in a subject for which Professional Placement attendance is compulsory and the placement must be a minimum of 28 hours per week i.e. a minimum of 4 days of compulsory placement and 1 day of internal classes as per your course structure.
- of low socio-economic status
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A of the guidelines) or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship
If you are receiving any other scholarships or grants for the purpose of placement, you may not be eligible to receive this grant.
Please note that you may not be awarded the full amount that you have applied for as this grant is not intended to meet all of the costs associated with your placement.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for grants; meeting the eligibility criteria may not guarantee applicants a grant offer.
Download the 2018 CSU Professional Placement Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status
You will receive an email notice of the outcome of your application.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your grant eligibility.
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
Applications are OPEN and will close at 12:00am 28 Oct 2018
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733