CSU Online Textbook Equity Grant
- Applications for the Session 3 2018 grant will open on 5 Nov 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $500 Co-op Bookshop credit
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
Provides financial assistance to online undergraduate students, to purchase compulsory textbooks to meet course requirements.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant in 2018 you must be:
- enrolled in all subjects as an online student;
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student (full fee paying students are not eligible);
- enrolled as a full time or part time student;
- a commencing or continuing student at CSU in 2018; continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A); or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
AND must not have been:
- In receipt of this grant previously; a student can only receive this grant once during their enrolment at CSU.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this grant you must be enrolled in subjects and have met all eligibility criteria by the closing date of this grant.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for grants; meeting the eligibility criteria may not guarantee applicants a grant offer.
Download the 2018 CSU Online Textbook Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment such as the Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy, Parenting Payment etc you are considered of low socio-economic status. Family Tax Benefit A or B are not included.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status.
You are considered to be in financial hardship when you find it difficult to provide basic necessities for yourself, you family or dependent/s.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
If you are successful in your application for the grant, you will be notified in writing. Grant payments will be made by e voucher to the Co-op Bookshop.
You must notify the CSU Scholarships Office in writing immediately if any of your circumstances that you noted on your grant application have changed. These changed circumstances are to be emailed to the CSU Scholarships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your grant eligibility.
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS OPENING SOON
Applications for the Session 3 2018 grant will open on 5 Nov 2018
Need more info?
1800 334 733