CSU Online Textbook Equity Grant
Applications open for the Session 1 2018 grant
- Closes: 11:00pm 25 Feb 2018
- Outcome Notice Date:
2 Mar 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $500 Co-op Bookshop credit
- Duration: one off payment
Provides financial assistance to online undergraduate students, to purchase compulsory textbooks to meet course requirements.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant in 2018 you must be:
- enrolled as on online student;
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student (full fee paying students are not eligible);
- enrolled as a full time or part time student;
- a commencing or continuing student at CSU in 2018; continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia (including the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa);
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A); or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
AND must not have been:
- In receipt of this grant previously; a student can only receive this grant once during their enrolment at CSU.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this grant you must be enrolled in subjects and have met all eligibility criteria by the closing date of this grant.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for grants; meeting the eligibility criteria may not guarantee applicants a grant offer.
Download the 2018 CSU Online Textbook Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment such as the Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy, Parenting Payment etc you are considered of low socio-economic status. Family Tax Benefit A or B are not included.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status.
Is considered to be in financial hardship when they find it difficult to provide for themselves, their family or dependents basic necessities such as food, accommodation, clothing, medical treatment and education.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
If you are successful in your application for the grant, you will be notified in writing. Grant payments will be made by e voucher to the Co-op Bookshop.
You must notify the CSU Scholarships Office in writing immediately if any of your circumstances that you noted on your grant application have changed. These changed circumstances are to be emailed to the CSU Scholarships Office at email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your grant eligibility.
How to Apply
YOU MUST BE A CURRENT STUDENT TO APPLY
You should use the Scholarship Search within student.csu.edu.au to ensure you find all of the scholarships you are eligible for.
Need more info?
1800 334 733