University Department of Rural Health Placement Grant
- Applications open
- The current round of applications close on:
- The next round of applications open on:
- Outcome Notice Dates:
- 23 Jul 2018
- 20 Aug 2018
- 24 Sep 2018
- 22 Oct 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $200 per week for the first 5 weeks then $100 per week up to a maximum of $3000
- Duration: one off payment
This Three Rivers grant supports students in the Allied Health, Dentistry, Nursing and Midwifery disciplines to go on placements of two weeks or more that are away from home and within the Three Rivers footprint.
We have reviewed the eligibility criteria of this Grant. For all amendments refer to 12. Version Control in the UDRH Grant Guidelines.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant you must be:
- studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in one of the following courses at CSU;
- Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
- Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Health Science (Leisure and Health) (only for placement directly associated with LES210)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Mental Health)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (with specialisations)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Pathology)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Oral Health (Therapy and Hygiene)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Podiatric Medicine
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech and Language Pathology
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation)
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) enrolled as a full-time or part-time student
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average GPA) of 4.0 or higher;
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Citizen a permanent Australian Resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- travelling over 80km from in-session, out of session, and origin addresses to a placement located within the Three Rivers UDRH Footprint Postcodes.
Students relocating to another campus as a compulsory component of their course and undertaking both internal classes and clinical placements are deemed ineligible, unless the required travel to placement is over 80km from the campus.
- enrolled in a subject for which Professional Placement attendance is compulsory and the placement must be a minimum of 28 hours per week over 2 or more consecutive weeks; for example: a minimum of 4 days of compulsory placement and 1 day of internal classes as per your course structure.
If you are receiving any other scholarships/grants or Three Rivers UDRH subsidised accommodation for the subject you list for the purpose of Professional Placement, you may not be eligible to receive this grant.
Only include one Professional Placement subject in your application. There is only one Grant per session.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this grant you must be enrolled in a Professional Placement subject and have met all eligibility criteria by the closing date of this grant.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for grants; meeting the eligibility criteria may not guarantee applicants a grant offer.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive an email notice of the outcome of your application.
The payment of the Grant will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated bank account. To register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your application eligibility.
Download the 2018 University Department of Rural Health Placement Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Download UDRH eligible postcodes
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
Applications are OPEN and will close at 11:59pm 25 Nov 2018
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733