Services and support
As an Indigenous student, we’re focused on providing you with personal, cultural, financial and educational support to help you achieve your personal and professional goals in your community.
Our Indigenous Student Centres (ISC) can help you with a range of services, including:
- How to apply for a course
- Help with costs
- Accommodation enquiries
- The use of computers and printers
- Rooms for meeting and studying
- Improving your study skills
- Understanding your career options
- Counselling and other support services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander events, such as NAIDOC Week, Reconciliation Week and Sorry Day
- Information on social clubs and events
- The chance to participate in activities that promote higher education
- Help finding a job
- Opportunities to study overseas
Getting ready to study
We help you prepare for studying at CSU by offering a three day course called the Indigenous Access Program. This will give you more information about what you can study and also give you a personalised plan for the future.
More time to study
Once you’ve started at CSU, you’re also eligible to apply for additional support from tutors through the Indigenous Student Success Program (ISSP – formerly ITAS). This will allow you to get up to two hours extra support from a tutor per subject per week and an additional five hours leading up to exams.