Applying to study at CSU
Welcome! We're delighted you've decided to build your future with CSU.
Applying to study with CSU is simple.
Choose the application information that best suits your circumstances and if you need any help to complete your application call us on 1800 275 278 or email: email@example.com
Applying directly to CSU
Most applications for study at CSU should be made using the Online Application for Admission Form.
- Studying online at an undergraduate or postgraduate level
- A non-school leaver studying on campus*^ (If you are currently at High School in Australia, please see below.)
- International students looking to study at a regional campus
- Cross institutional study: students looking to enrol in a single subject or course at CSU and receive credit towards a degree at another university or TAFE.
- Diploma of General Studies: a pathway program that provides guaranteed entry to many CSU bachelor degrees, providing a wide range of opportunities and choices to graduates.
- STUDY LINK subjects: short, self-paced, online subjects to increase your skills in an area relevant to your course and prepare yourself for University study.
- Single subject study
For exceptions (including applications for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane) please see the Alternative Application Process section.
Before you apply
Applying online takes around 15 minutes and your application will be assessed by us within one to 10 working days. You will set up a login and, if you don't have everything you need to finalise your application straight away, you can save it to come back to later. You may need to scan and upload official documents such as transcripts and awards from previous study, or proof of citizenship or residency if you weren't born in Australia.
Applying online is the preferred method, however if you are unable to apply online, you can download an Application for Admission form and send it to the Admissions Office by post, email or fax.
Alternative Application Processes
If you're an Australian resident or international student currently studying your Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent in Australia and applying for an undergraduate on campus degree, you should apply to CSU though UAC (NSW and ACT) or VTAC (VIC).
Note: Bachelor of Educational Studies applications are sent direct to the University. Diploma of General Studies applications can be made via UAC or direct to CSU and TAFE.
You can apply direct for courses listed in the VTAC Guide at CSU if you are:
- not currently studying a standard Australian Year 12 curriculum, and
- intending to submit an application to CSU only (not all courses accept direct applications).
CSU Study Centres offer courses in Accounting, Business and Information Technology to international students in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Contact a recruitment agent in your country who can answer your questions about CSU and help with the student visa application process.
Our Student Exchange Program allows students from partner universities to spend one or two sessions experiencing life as a student in Australia. Before applying you must have approval from your home university to do so.
If you would like to apply for re-admission to a course you have previously studied in, you will need to complete the Application for Re-Admission form. Your re-admission will be processed for the next available intake.
* For competitive courses the University will abide by the same timelines and assessment guidelines as defined for the University Admissions Centre (UAC).
^ Session 1 Albury-Wodonga, Wangaratta and Melbourne courses.