Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for prospective students about applications and offers of admission to CSU courses.

When are Offers of Admission letters sent out?

Offers of admission are emailed between:

  • August and January to start study in Session 1
  • March to July to start study in Session 2
  • August to November to start study in Session 3.

If you have any questions after you have submitted your application, get in touch with our friendly team.


Online application

I am having trouble submitting an online application, what could the issue be?

You may have selected the incorrect application type for the type of applicant you are or the kind of course you are applying for.

Return to your application using the link in your confirmation email and create a new application using the Application Type appropriate for your chosen course of study. Many of the details entered previously will carry forward to your new application.

Applying online is the preferred method of submitting an application. If you are having difficulty applying online, contact us and we can help you.

How do I know my online application has been received?

You will receive an email confirming your submission that includes your name and course admission code as well as the date and time of your submission.

How can I track the progress of my online application?

Visit the Online admission page as a 'Returning User' and click on the application listed in the processed applications section on the application menu.

I've forgotten my PIN, how can I find out what this is?

There is a Forgot your login details link in the Returning Users Login section.  You simply need to input your email address and your PIN will be sent to that email address.

My Record has become Locked, how can I get this unlocked?

If you try to login with an incorrect pin too many times your login will become locked. In most cases this can be unlocked by contacting staff in the Admissions Office either by phone on 1800 275 278 or by email on


Supporting Documentation

How should I send my documentation?

The best way to supply your documents is to upload them with your online application. If you have documentation you can’t upload at the time of application you can send it via an email as an attachment to You will receive an automated response confirming your submission. Please ensure the file size of all attachments does not exceed 7MB.

If you cannot send the documentation by email please send by fax to +61 2 69 332 063 or by post to :

Admissions Office
Charles Sturt University
Division of Student Administration
Locked Bag 676

What kind of documentation do I generally need for an application?

CSU requires the following documents when assessing applications for admission:

  • Copies of any TAFE, Registered Training Organisation or University transcripts and awards

  • A current resume stating your work experience

If applicable to you:

  • Copies of any change of name documentation (e.g. Marriage Certificate)

  • Copies of Australian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or VISA documentation

  • Evidence of English Language Proficiency

Will I be contacted if I need to provide supporting documentation?

In the first instance, you should endeavour to supply all necessary documentation with your application. The online course brochure will guide you in the supporting evidence needed for your application. If further documents are required for assessment we will contact you by email.  However, such delays could result in you not being able to receive an offer for the coming intake.

When do I need to send in my documents to support my online application?

Ideally, you should upload all documents with your online application.  If you need to send documents in the post, they must arrive at the Admissions Office within 10 days of you submitting your application.

Do my papers get sent back to me?

Please do not send us your original documents as CSU does not return documents. Send copies only. Domestic (Australian) applicants only need to submit copies of official documents, they do not need to be verified copies. This excludes Domestic applicants applying for the Bachelor of Teaching ( Primary) and the Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary). If applying for the Bachelor of Teaching ( Primary) and/or the Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) you will need to submit verified copies of your documents.

All International applicants will need to submit verified copies of their documents with their application.

Documents not correctly verified will result in delays in the processing of your application and its consideration for admission.

Please refer to verify your documents for details.



Where can I find out more about the course I am interested in, including whether if it is available in a specific session?

By visiting the online course brochure. See the full list of enrolment options for details on the sessions available for the course you are interested in.

Can I change my nominated intake if my course isn't available in the one originally selected?

Unfortunately no, you will need to create a new application.  However this does not mean you need a new ID and PIN, you simply need to select 'New' at the Application Menu after you have logged in as a Returning User.

What is the difference between a session and a term?

The academic calendar has three sessions commencing in March, July and November. CSU courses offered in Australia will be available in these sessions. Courses offered with our international partners, may also be offered over three terms commencing in January, May and September.  Special programs like STUDY LINK and the Associate Degree in Policing Practice are also offered in the terms.


Application Status

How can I find out the status of my application?

Application received: If you apply via mail, include a stamped small business-sized envelope with your application, we will date stamp it and return it to you. You will also receive an email confirming your submission that includes your name and course admission code as well as the date and time of your submission.

Application not eligible: We will advise you in writing by email or post as soon as that determination has been made.  Wherever possible, we will include some suggestions as to how you can meet the admission requirements.

Success in gaining a place: Offers of Admission are sent out by email between August and January for commencement of study in session 1, March to July for session 2 or August to November for session 3.

Unsuccessful in gaining a place: In some courses, there will be insufficient places available for the number of applications received (Commonwealth Funding determines quotas on HECS-HELP courses). Entry to some courses is very competitive and it is your responsibility to advise the Admissions Office of any education or employment experience you believe may enhance the competitiveness of your application.

Offers of admission

How do I accept or decline my offer?

You may formally advise CSU of your decision (accept/decline or defer) by following the link on the final page of your offer of admission.

Alternatively you may print the last page of your offer letter, sign and date it, then email a scanned copy of your acceptance to or fax to +61 2 69 332 063 or mail to CSU Admissions, Locked Bag 676, WAGGA WAGGA NSW 2678 and we will process your acceptance for you.

To decline your offer please complete the Decline your offer form.

How long do I have to make a decision about my offer?

You must accept your offer before the start of session. In some cases offers will be lapsed once maximum numbers in the course have been reached. If you are unsure if you can still accept please contact the CSU on 1800 275 278 or +61 2 6933 4334 for advice.

Can I defer my offer?

Yes, deferral is available with CSU.  However, not all courses can be deferred and note that deferments will be subject to the course being available in the future intake requested.

For more information visit Deferring your offer.

For how long is my application current?

Your application is current for 12 months. After that time, if you have not been successful in gaining a place in your preferred course, you will be asked to provide a new application for admission with updated information (including supporting documentation).

Is my offer for full time or part time study?

Offers to study on campus are generally made for full time study. If you are applying as a distance education student, offers are generally made for part time study.

Once you accept your offer, you will be able to log into Student Administration Online and increase your study load by varying your enrolment,

We advise that you should discuss your enrolment with the School or Faculty representative listed on your Letter of Offer before increasing or decreasing your study load.

Contacting the university

Who can I contact if I have questions about my application?

If you have any questions after you have submitted your application contact the Admissions Team.

If you need advice on the right course for you, get in touch. Our friendly student advisers are here to help.