Indigenous Accommodation and Relocation Scholarships
- Session 1 UAC Applications Close: 04:30pm 8 Mar 2019
- VTAC Applications are now CLOSED. You can still apply through UAC.
- Outcome Notice Date:
20 Dec 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: From $1000+
- Duration: 1 year scholarship (students can reapply each year)
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
The ISSP - Accommodation/Relocation Scholarship is to assist students with the cost of relocation, accommodation or commuting to campus
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Scholarship in 2019 you must meet the eligibility criteria below and the additional criteria specific to your circumstances, you must be:
- an Indigenous Australian citizen;
- studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a part-time or full-time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal or mixed mode student;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Priority will be awarded to Indigenous students from remote or regional areas.
Commencing Students - Specific eligibility
Continuing Students - Specific eligibility
To receive this scholarship you must not be receiving or have received a payment from any other source for the same purpose.
Download the 2019 Indigenous Student Assistance Grant Guidelines [PDF]
(includes Indigenous Accommodation and Relocation Scholarships details)
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status
Payments are made within 2-3 weeks after the Census date of session 1 and 2.
The payment of the scholarship will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated Bank account. Register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
Applications for the Indigenous Accommodation and Relocation Scholarships are submitted via the Universities Admissions Centre of NSW (UAC) or the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
Session 1 applications through UAC are OPEN and will close at 04:30pm 8 Mar 2019
Apply through UAC
Applications through VTAC CLOSED at 05:00pm 13 Oct 2017. You can still apply through UAC.
Need more info?
1800 275 278