- Applications closed
- Applications closed at 11:00pm 17 Mar 2019
- Outcome Notice Date:
22 Mar 2019
- Available to:
- Value: $500 to $1500
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
Provides financial assistance for commencing first year students, who are relocating to study at CSU and reside in off-campus accommodation.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant in 2019 you must be:
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student; full fee paying students are not eligible;
- enrolled as a full-time student;
- a commencing student at CSU in 2019;
- enrolled as an internal student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit, or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship
- relocating to study at CSU and residing in off-campus accommodation, please attach documentation showing your previous address and your new address;
AND must not have been:
- in receipt of this grant previously; a student can only receive this grant once during their enrolment at CSU;
If you are receiving any other scholarships or grants for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible to receive this grant.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this grant you must be enrolled in subjects and have met all eligibility criteria by the closing date of this grant.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
If you are in receipt of an eligible means-tested Centrelink payment - refer to the guidelines for further information.
You find it difficult to provide basic necessities for yourself, your family or dependent/s.
You will be required to provide additional supporting documentation as listed in the application.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
Register your bank detials with CSU via online administration.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Download the 2019 CSU Relocation Equity Grant (Accommodation) Guidelines [PDF]
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS CLOSED at 11:00pm 17 Mar 2019
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 275 278