Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship
- Applications open
- Available to:
- Value: $5,000 and $10,000 off tuition fees
To celebrate the opening of CSU’s campus in Port Macquarie to international students, CSU offers a number of $5,000 and $10,000 tuition fee scholarships to new commencing international students enrolled in courses offered on Port Macquarie campus in Session 1 or Session 2, 2019.
- Commencing full-time international students in Session One or Session Two, 2019.
CAMPUS: Port Macquarie
MUST BE STUDYING IN:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Outdoor Recreation and Ecotourism)
- Bachelor of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Creative Arts and Design (Graphic Design)
- Bachelor of Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Environmental Science Management
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science (With Specialisations)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiations Science (With Specialisations)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Social Work (TAFE integrated)
- Master of Customs Administration
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Information Technology
Applicant must be an international applicant for a course offered at Port Macquarie Campus for 201930 (February) or 201960 (July) sessions. International Exchange and Study Abroad applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
Provide evidence of:
- High Academic achievements 75% or GPA 5/7 or 3/4 or equivalent.
- Community involvement and desire to be involved in the CSU Port Macquarie Community (1000 word essay).
- Applicant must hold an unconditional offer* for a CSU course, delivered at CSU Port Macquarie.
* Unconditional offer means that the applicant has met all of the conditions of their conditional offer including meeting the English Language Proficiency requirements, providing certified documentation, and passing the Genuine Temporary Entrant checks, etc. Please Note: For many countries applicants will be required to apply for admissions via an approved CSU Education Agent. Please see the list of approved CSU Agents
When will applications close?
Applications are open until:
For Session 1, 2019 applications: 11:59pm (AEST time), 25 January 2019
For Session 2, 2019 application: 11:59pm (AEST time), 15 May 2019
Who can apply?
- Any international students who are classified as an international student in Australia with a full unconditional offer for either a Masters or Bachelor degree delivered at Port Macquarie.
Who cannot apply?
- International students studying via online from their home country
- International students studying via CSU's international partners in their home country
- International students who hold an offer including credit for prior learning
- International exchange or study abroad students
What should I include in my essay?
Here are some tips for students on what to write:
- Personal statement (500 words) - Who you are, what is your background, why you want to study in Australia and your preferred course, what are your achievements etc.
- Student involvement (250 words) - How you would like to get involved in the CSU campus community ie. become a student ambassador, share your story, involvement in marketing activities or desire to take part in the international student council (examples only – use your own experience, goals and research).
- Community involvement (250 words) - How you would like to get involved in the Port Macquarie community ie. Port Macquarie is a tourist destination so there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer at annual events, volunteer at aged care homes, or work with the chamber of commerce or council in some sort of capacity (examples only – use your own experience, goals and research).
Will I be notified that my application has been received?
Yes. You will be notified by email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Can I be awarded more than one scholarship?
It depends on the particular scholarships as each scholarship has its own conditions which state whether the student can hold other scholarships or not.
This information is outlined in the eligibility criteria for each scholarship and it is incumbent upon the applicant to ensure they meet the criteria for each scholarship they apply for.
How are applications assessed?
Applicants must read scholarship criteria carefully before applying as scholarships are awarded based on the criteria for each scholarship.
Successful applicants are selected after a series of shortlisting processes, including a review by CSU staff.
From the final shortlist of strong applicants, it is up to a panel within the Division of International Education and Partnerships to determine the scholarship recipient(s).
Conditions of scholarship.
The scholarship is conditional on the student completing their studies successfully at CSU. $10,000 or $5,000 will be deducted from tuition fees during the first year of study, after each session's census date.
Should the student leave CSU after the first year of study for reasons deemed illegitimate by the University, the student may be liable to repay the value of the scholarship.
Recipients are expected to become active members of the student body and accept to provide information, testimonials and be featured in CSU Promotional materials.
When will my scholarship be paid?
Scholarships are subject to the student maintaining satisfactory academic progress and continued enrolment in their course. If these conditions are not met, Scholarships may be suspended or terminated.
The Scholarship amount will be deducted from tuition fees at the commencement of session in the first year of study, after the census date.
Can I defer my scholarship offer?
This scholarship cannot be deferred. The student must commence study in the session for which they were awarded the scholarship i.e. either 201930 or 201960.
Can my scholarship be suspended or terminated?
Yes, if you fail to meet the criteria for your scholarship.
Termination of a scholarship will occur if the recipient is excluded from their course, if the recipient withdraws or cancels their enrolment or if the recipient fails to maintain satisfactory grades over a prolonged period. Scholarships will also be terminated if the recipient transfers to another university or location (campus) of study.
The recipient will be required to repay the scholarship amount.
Can I apply for an Approved Leave of Absence (ALA)?
For this particular scholarship, an Approved Leave of Absence will cause the scholarship's termination. Should the student not return to study within 12 months, the recipient may be liable for the scholarship amount deducted from tuition fees.
When will I be notified of my applications outcome?
You should be notified before the end of January 2019 for 201930 (February 2019) applicants or May 2019 for 201960 (July 2019) applicants.
What will happen after I am granted the scholarship?
If not done, you will need to accept your offer of study at CSU. You will still be required to meet GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) criteria, including financial capacity, and make the appropriate fee deposit to the University to receive a Confirmation of Enrolment.
How many scholarships are on offer?
There are 12 x $10,000 tuition fee scholarships and 10X $5,000 tuition fee scholarships on offer for the whole year on offer for 201860 commencing international students. Scholarships may not all be awarded if the applications are not meeting the required criteria.
Will I be considered as a commencing student if I am transferring from another CSU course or I am applying with advanced standing?
Typically, no. Please contact us if you have any queries.
Tips on applying for a scholarship.
- Pay close attention to scholarship application closing deadlines. Applications submitted past the deadline will not be considered. Ensure you have received an unconditional offer.
- Always proofread your answers to the questions
- Keep a copy of everything you submit
- See the guidelines section for what to include in your 1000 word essay.
For more read the information provided on the How to Apply tab for each scholarship.
What are my responsibilities if awarded a scholarship?
You may be required to participate in a number of activities/tasks to promote CSU to the wider community:
- Provide photographs of your experience to CSU International for use in promotional and marketing items
- Submit an article about your experience with internal and external media groups
- Speak to internal and external media for interview purposes
- Post photos and/or updates through various CSU International social media pages
You will also be required to sign a media release allowing your photos and images of you to be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
If your question isn't answered in the information provided on the website, please feel free to contact us for more information.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed all the information about the scholarship, eligibility criteria and requirements, please submit your application by email to email@example.com and include the following documents:
- Copy of your CSU Unconditional Offer letter for a course at Port Macquarie in Session 30 or Session 60 2019.
- Supporting documents that demonstrate high academic achievements: grades at 75% or GPA 5/7 or 3/4 or equivalent.
- An essay (1000 words) that explains why you have chosen to study at CSU Port Macquarie and that demonstrates your current community involvement (volunteering, work in the community, participation at events in your school/University, etc.) and how you see yourself being involved in the CSU Port Macquarie student community.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. You will receive the outcome of your scholarship application after the closing date. Decisions from the Selection Panel are final and there will be no appeal process.
When will applications close?
Applications are open until:
For Session 1 2019: 11:59pm (AEST time), 25 January 2019
For Session 2 2019: 11:59pm (AEST time), 15 May 2019.
Need more info?
Contact the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship administrator