Fee paying places

Most postgraduate students in Australia are offered fee paying places, and will pay the full cost of their tuition. You can choose to defer payment through a FEE-HELP loan from the Australian Government, or pay as go. If there is a direct connection between your study and work you may be able to claim your tuition fees as a tax deduction. If you plan to claim your fees as a deduction, you should first get some independent financial advice or visit the Australian Tax Office website.

FEE-HELP loans

  • defer part or all of your fees
  • only start repayments once you earn above the income threshold set by the Government
  • repay your loan through the taxation system.

You are eligible for FEE-HELP if you are:

  • an Australian citizen who will undertake at least one unit of study while in Australia that contributes to your course; OR
  • a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be a resident in Australia for the duration of your unit; OR
  • a permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study.

Please note FEE-HELP helps you pay for your tuition fees only. It does not cover costs associated with accommodation, text books or any other study expenses.

Tuition fees

Fee information for Postgraduate and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) courses with fee paying places can be found on the Fees and Costs page

Subject point information

Download the subject band information spreadsheet [XLS] to identify how many points for each subject.