Single subject study
Single Subject Study gives you flexibility without the commitment of a full degree. The program allows you to:
- study subjects that require no prerequisites, prior knowledge, or experience
- sample university, or test out a subject area
- update your professional qualifications
- build your skills or explore your passions
- prove to yourself that you are capable of university study
2017 tuition fees
Tuition fees for the Single Subject Study program are charged per subject and are the same cost for on campus or distance education study. Fees are payable upfront and are unable to be deferred. You will receive advice about payment options when you receive a letter of offer into the subject.
Undergraduate subject level - 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx
The Undergraduate Student Contribution for each subject falls within one of three bands. These bands indicate what the cost of a subject will be.
|Bands||Cost per 8 point subject|
|Band 1 - PSY101, PSY102||$1,030|
|Band 3 - PSY1xx, (exclude PSY101, 102 above) PSY2xx, PSY3xx, PSY4xxx||$1,900|
|CSU Study Centres Domestic Undergraduate||$3,000|
|CSU Study Centres Domestic Undergraduate BIT||$3,166|
Postgraduate Subject level - 5xx & 6xx
The Postgraduate Student Fee is based on the subject level and the Faculty in which the subject is offered.
|Faculty||Cost per 8 point subject|
|*Arts / Eduction||$2,760|
|Education - IT Masters all Education Subjects||$2,760|
|Business & Justice Studies||$3,000|
|Business - IT Masters all Business Subjects||$3,150|
|Business - CSU Study Centres||$3,150|
|Science Clinical Placement subjects||$3,400|
|IT Masters - all Subjects||$3,250|
|CSU Study Centres||$3,338|
* Faculty of Education Practice Teaching subjects requiring supervision in a school environment incur an additional fee of $500.
The published fees are for 2017 only. Fees may be adjusted in future years. Above fees are for each 8 point subject. Fees should be doubled for 16 point subjects.