Government assistance

The Australian government provides several options for assisting you to pay for your studies through tuition fee loans, living allowances and scholarships.


HECS-HELP is a loan which allows you to defer paying fees until you're earning a salary. If you're eligible for and are offered a Commonwealth supported place the majority of your tuition fees will be subsidised and you'll only be required to pay a portion of the total amount, which can be deferred through HECS-HELP.

A HECS-HELP loan can cover all or part of your student contribution amount, and you repay it through the taxation system once you're earning a certain salary.

Read more about Commonwealth Supported Places


If you're not eligible for or offered a Commonwealth supported place, you may still be eligible for a loan to help pay your tuition fees through the Commonwealth Government Fee-HELP program.

More on Full Fees and FEE-HELP

More information

More information on Australian Government financial assistance, including Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy and Government scholarships, is available from the Australian Government Study Assist website. If you currently receive Youth Allowance or Abstudy, you may also be eligible for other Government funding, including Relocation and Student Start-up Scholarships. Visit the Centrelink website for more information.