CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant
- Session 2 Applications open
- The current round of applications close on:
- The next round of applications open on:
- Outcome Notice Dates:
- 20 Aug 2018
- 14 Sep 2018
- 22 Oct 2018
- 16 Nov 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: Up to $5000
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
The Charles Sturt University Conference and Professional Membership Grant will provide financial assistance for participation at conferences and/or membership (student only memberships will be accepted) to appropriate professional bodies, in the current year.
To be eligible for this Grant in 2018 you must be:
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student; full fee paying students and students that have received the Indigenous Student Grant are not eligible;
- enrolled as a full-time or part-time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit; OR
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship (refer to guidelines for definition) and provide supporting documentation to substantiate your claim.
- able to prove that the membership or conference is relevant to the CSU course you are studying.
- able to provide either:
- a quote, invoice or receipt of your actual costs for conference attendance in 2018; OR
- a quote, invoice or receipt of the professional student membership (only student memberships will be accepted) for 2018;
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this grant you must be enrolled in subjects and have met all eligiblilty criteria by the closing date of this grant.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
CSU receives a high volume of application for grants; meeting the eligibility criteria may not guarantee applicants a grant offer.
International travel will only be considered if the travel is a requirement of the student's course of study.
You can only receive this grant once for conference attendance during your enrolment at CSU unless the grant you received was to a value of $500 or under in which case you may be able to apply for this grant again (please contact the scholarships office for more details). This does not relate to professional student memberships valued under $500.
A guide to expectations:
>$1,000 to $5,000
>$1,000 to $5,000
Download the 2018 CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
You will receive an email of the outcome by 18 Nov 2017.
The payment of the Grant will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated Bank account. Register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your application eligibility.
How to Apply
Session 2 Applications are OPEN and will close at 11:00am 11 Nov 2018
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733