CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant
- Applications closed
- Applications closed at 11:00am 11 Nov 2018
- The final Outcome Notice Date:
16 Nov 2018
- Applications will open on 25 Mar 2019
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: Up to $5000
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
The Charles Sturt University Conference and Professional Membership Grant will provide financial assistance for participation at conferences and/or membership (student only memberships will be accepted) to appropriate professional bodies, in the current year.
To be eligible for this Grant in 2018 you must be:
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student; full fee paying students and students that have received the Indigenous Student Grant are not eligible;
- enrolled as a full-time or part-time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit; OR
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship (refer to guidelines for definition) and provide supporting documentation to substantiate your claim.
- able to prove that the membership or conference is relevant to the CSU course you are studying.
- able to provide either:
- a quote, invoice or receipt of your actual costs for conference attendance in 2018; OR
- a quote, invoice or receipt of the professional student membership (only student memberships will be accepted) for 2018;
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this grant you must be enrolled in subjects and have met all eligibility criteria by the closing date of this grant.
International travel will only be considered if the travel is a requirement of the student's course of study.
You can only receive this grant once for conference attendance during your enrolment at CSU unless the grant you received was to a value of $500 or under in which case you may be able to apply for this grant again (please contact the scholarships office for more details). This does not relate to professional student memberships valued under $500.
A guide to expectations:
>$1,000 to $5,000
>$1,000 to $5,000
Download the 2018 CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Yes, but you must complete and submit your application prior the closing date to be considered.
If you are in receipt of an eligible means-tested Centrelink payment - refer to the guidelines for further information.
You find it difficult to provide basic necessities for yourself, your family or dependent/s.
You will be required to provide additional supporting documentation as listed in the application.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to email@example.com quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
Register your bank detials with CSU via online administration.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS CLOSED at 11:00am 11 Nov 2018
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 275 278