CSU Professional Placement Equity Grant
- Applications will open on 8 Feb 2018 and close at 12:00am 1 Nov 2018
- The first Outcome Notice Date:
16 Mar 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: up to $50 - $100 per week
- Duration: one off payment
Provides financial assistance for Workplace Learning (professional placement). The grant is approximately $50 to $100 per week of placement. Grants are not intended to provide an alternative to other forms of income and recipients are not to rely on payment occurring prior to attending their placement.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant in 2018 a student must be:
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Citizen or a permanent Australian Resident (including the holder of an Australian Humanitarian Visa);
- Studying an undergraduate degree (this includes honours) as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full time or part time student;
- a commencing or continuing student, continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher;
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- enrolled in a subject for which Professional Placement attendance is compulsory and the placement is greater than five consecutive days. Note: this Grant is not intended to assist students attending residential schools.
- of low socio-economic status
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A of the guidelines) or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship
If you are receiving any other scholarships or grants for the purpose of placement, you may not be eligible to receive this grant.
Please note that you may not be awarded the full amount that you have applied for as this grant is not intended to meet all of the costs associated with your placement.
Full fee paying students are not eligible. Refer to the grant guidelines for more information on eligibility.
Download the 2018 CSU Professional Placement Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status
You will receive an email notice of the outcome of your application.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your grant eligibility.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS OPENING SOON
Applications will open on 8 Feb 2018
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733