University Department of Rural Health Placement Grant
Applications open for the 2018 grant
- Closes: 11:59pm 15 May 2018
- Outcome Notice Date:
16 Mar 2018
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $1000
- Duration: one off payment
The Three Rivers UDRH is a new alliance bringing together the unique geographical knowledge and expertise of CSU and its partners. This significant program supports allied health, nursing, midwifery and dentistry student placements in regional and rural Australia. Based in central and southern NSW, it covers CSU's regional footprint, encompassing both the Murrumbidgee and Western Local Health District Primary Health Networks.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant you must be:
- studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course in one of the following courses;
- Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Health Science (Mental Health)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (with specialisations)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (with specialisations)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Oral Health (Therapy and Hygiene)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Podiatric Medicine
- Bachelor of Social Science Welfare
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech and Language Pathology
- Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation)
- Master of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Speech Pathology
- enrolled as a full time or part time student;
- a commencing or continuing student;
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Citizen or a permanent Australian Resident (including the holder of an Australian Humanitarian Visa);
- travelling over 50km from your home to a placement located within the Three Rivers UDRH Footprint.
- enrolled in a subject for which Professional Placement attendance is compulsory and the placement must be over consecutive days for a minimum of 2 weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this grant you must be enrolled in subjects and have met all eligibility criteria by the closing date of this grant.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for grants; meeting the eligibility criteria may not guarantee applicants a grant offer.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
traveInsert New Container
Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive an email notice of the outcome of your application.
The payment of the Grant will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated bank account. To register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your application eligibility.
Download the 2018 University Department of Rural Health Placement Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Download UDRH eligible postcodes
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
YOU MUST BE A CURRENT STUDENT TO APPLY
You should use the Scholarship Search within student.csu.edu.au to ensure you find all of the scholarships you are eligible for.
Need more info?
1800 334 733