CSU Technology Equity Grant
- Session 2 Applications open
- Closes: 09:00am 29 Jul 2019
- Outcome Notice Date:
2 Aug 2019
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: Up to $1,000
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
Provides financial assistance to eligible, undergraduate, Commonwealth supported students to purchase computer equipment.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this grant you must be:
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a Charles Sturt University course as a Commonwealth supported student in a Commonwealth Supported Place. (Full fee paying students are not eligible);
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- in financial need:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit, or
- able to demonstrate financial hardship
- purchases must be made from a certified retailer. You must attach to your application a written quote or screenshot of the technology being purchased, including the brand, model number or version of software. If purchases are made after receipt of the grant, receipts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of grant receipt.
Applicants can only receive this grant once.
Download the 2019 CSU Technology Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
A person is considered to be in financial need if they are in receipt of an eligible means-tested Centrelink benefit or are in financial hardship. Supporting documentation will be required to demonstrate financial need.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to email@example.com quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
Register your bank detials with CSU via online administration.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
How to Apply
Session 2 Applications are OPEN and will close at 09:00am 29 Jul 2019
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 275 278