Eligible Indigenous students are encouraged to apply for scholarships to help with the costs of studying at CSU.
There are a number of general scholarships available for Indigenous students, but also many that are only available for particular courses and campuses. Our team can help you find the scholarship that’s right for you.
For more information about getting a scholarship, visit one of our centres to have a chat, email firstname.lastname@example.org or free call 1800 275 278.
Away From Base Grant
The Away From Base (AFB) Grant can provide you with financial assistance for meals, travel and accommodation while attending compulsory residential schools and/or professional placements.
You can apply for an AFB Grant if the below eligibility requirements are met:
- you’re an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, and
- approved for one or more ABSTUDY benefits payable by Centrelink during the funding year, and
- not currently in receipt of any other residential grants
- undertaking an approved AFB course, including at least one of the following:
- 4409MH Bachelor of Health Science (Mental Health)
- 3314WJ Graduate Certificate in Wiradjuri Language, Culture and Heritage
- 4418PM Bachelor of Paramedicine
- 4415NU Bachelor of Nursing
- 1708PQ Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying)
- 1502SW Bachelor of Social Work
Please note: the incidentals allowance is available for all Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students and is non-means tested.
ABSTUDY assistance and support is available for all other courses of study at Charles Sturt University (CSU) through the Department of Human Services. If you need more information, please call 1800 136 380 or contact your local Indigenous Student Centre.